Chamonix, which has 14 000 permanent residents, is located in South-East France bordering Italy and Switzerland. It is one of the most visited and accessible European resorts with more than 4.6 million visitors per annum. Unlike the vast majority of ski resorts around the world, Chamonix is at full touristic capacity in both summer (208 000 weekly visitors) and the winter (52% of annual visits).
Chamonix is an international resort with around 50% of its tourist base from outside France, with the UK representing around 39% and the remaining 61% predominantly from leading Western economies. Chamonix is the top resort in France in terms of ski lift revenues and third in terms of ski visitors.
Useful Chamonix-related websites
- Chamonix Tourist Office official website
- Chamonix town hall website
- Compagnie du Mont Blanc ski lift company in the valley
- Chamonix.net page with useful Chamonix information
- Chamonet.com page with useful Chamonix information
- Chamonix Snow forecast shows accurate snow condition in the Chamonix valley
- Ecole de Ski Chamonix ski school
- Mountain Dropoffs offers reliable and first class service airport transfers.
- Easybus offer cheap airport transfers.
- British Airways Britain’s best known airline who is flying to all nearby airports including Geneva, Milan, Turin and Lyon.
- Easy Jet low cost airline flying to Geneva, Lyon, Turin and Milan from many European destinations.